CAVES called this morning. They said Feebs was relatively commfortable throughout the night, but very lethargic and not eating. They also suggested that we may want to leave her there another day because she was going to be difficult for us to handle.
We dropped Feebs at the vet’s office at 8:30 AM this morning. I have to tell you I was having serious doubts about whether we had made the right decision and it was really hard to walk out the door knowing she had no idea what was about to happen.
Phoebe’s amputation has been scheduled for July 23.
I’m anticipating I won’t have a lot of extra time in the weeks after Phoebe’s amputation, so I’ve been in a cleaning frenzy today. It still looks like Hurricane Helga went through the house, but it’s improving. Finally managed to get Phoebe’s harness adjusted and it’s a perfect fit. Even more so, I think she [...]
I bought Phoebe’s harness today. The nice folks at Tripawds helped me choose the right one for her weight and size, and our local EMS had one in stock. She looks really good in red. Since she’s going to have trouble with stairs for a while, I decided to add a dog bed to the [...]