- Buy a bag of dried beans for 15-bean soup (throw away the spice packet).
- Soak the beans in a pot of salted water overnight (about 12 hours).
- Stir the beans and throw away any floaters. Drain, rinse and put back in the pot with enough water to cover by 1-2 inches.
- Add one coarsely chopped onion and four stalks of coarsely chopped celery.
- Toss in a ham hock and a half bottle McCormick Cajun Seasoning.
- Simmer for three hours, adding more water if necessary.
- Add a can of crushed tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 hours until tender.
Posted in miscellaneous.